Monday, January 05, 2015

Let's Make The Hobbit TCG Together

Hello! Thank you for visiting my blog. It means a lot to me.

Well, it's been a long journey since I started working on The Hobbit TCG 3 years ago. And it's been a disappointing one. I was never able to dedicate as much time to this hobby of mine as I wanted to.

I've seen The Battle of the Five Armies. I'll withhold my opinion of the film, but I will say that I enter the new year inspired to make The Hobbit TCG a real game. One that people enjoy playing. Maybe even more than they loved the Lord of the Rings TCG.

But I realize now that I can't do it alone. I need your help.

Let's make The Hobbit TCG a real thing together. Please join me in the forum and let's make the rest of this journey an exciting one.

-Ray

1 comment:

  1. I know you shelved this project but I think the best way to accomplish this would be to make it as a new block of Lord of the Rings TCG. For that you'd need to simply re-purpose existing mechanics to match The Hobbit movies plot. That way you could use Hobbit characters to take the One Ring to mount doom. As I've suggested, Bilbo should still be the main character, and have him bear a contract instead of The One Ring. I still like to the idea of putting the Ring icon on Bilbo's resistance box. Resistance could represent the spirit of the company, which hinges greatly on Bilbo. Because if you lose your Burglar, if he dies, or goes home, you lose because the story is over. Lets face it, the story is called the Hobbit, not Gandalf and the 13 Dwarves. At least that was my take on it. I too went threw the whole idea of a Key Bearertoo, but once you hit the end of the second movie, the key is gone anyways. Anyways, you did some really lovely work here, beats any of the custom cards I used to do.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit our sister-site: www.4gxg.com.